Checklist/Rubric for Research Assessment Assignment
For this assignment, you will be pretending that you are a training supervisor in a hospital. As the supervisor, you have to educate your staff on a healthcare topic that needs to be explained. Examples: Confidentiality, OSHA, Handwashing Techniques. To educate your staff, you will be giving a PowerPoint presentation.
Outline of PowerPoint deck:
· Title slide – topic, your name, and your role in the hospital
· Agenda slide
· At least 10 slides on:
· Introduction to the topic – ex: definitions, why is it important, etc.
· Conclusion slide / Key takeaways
· References slide – needs to include textbook and at least 3 other references
· Thank you / Any questions slide
Checklist/Rubric (approximately 3 points off each for missing a requirement):
· Outline (as mentioned above) is followed
· PowerPoint presentation is a minimum of 10 slides (not including Title slide, Agenda slide, Reference slide, etc.)
· It is clear from the presentation what the hospital staff is being trained on
· Relevant information is included and make sense
· Presentation is interesting and informative
· Slides contain appropriate visuals
· Content is not just copied and pasted from references
· Textbook and at least 3 other references are used
· References slide is in proper APA format. In-text citations included in proper APA format.
· No spelling or grammar errors
· “Notes” section of slides are filled out
Assignment is due Saturday, November 3rd, at 11:59pm